Ajout brosse latérale sur XV

XV-15, XV-14, XV-25, Signature, Botvac, Kobold VR100, VR200 ...

Modérateurs: uranus-13, ycorp, chris-s

Ajout brosse latérale sur XV

Messagepar Jean-benoit » Ven 1 Sep 2017 10:35

Bonjour à tous

Est-ce qu'il y a parmis vous des utilisateurs de XV qui auraient modifié leur robot en ajoutant une brosse latérale comme sur les kobolt VR100 ?
Qui sait comment cela est fait sur VR100 (photos du robot démonté...) ?
On trouve bien quelques infos sur l'excellent site américain Robot reviews http://www.robotreviews.com/chat/viewto ... ating+side
mais, j'ai pas encore trouvé mon bonheur.
Une fois que je me serai lancé dans ces modifs, je ferai un petit tuto !

Merci à tous pour votre aide, conseils ...

JB
Jean-benoit
Niveau 7
Niveau 7

Re: Ajout brosse latérale sur XV

Messagepar glnc222 » Ven 1 Sep 2017 22:21

I gave that side brush mod to a German user. I do not think anyone else has tried it. The Vorwerk and Botvac brushes use a belt driven brush better than the small gear motor which can fit in the XV. More hardware for shaft coupling and altered interior of the case would be needed for a belt drive. F_Robot modified the case for putting in the gear motor a little differently. He is very skilled with epoxy etc., engineer, and rebuilds it anyway he wants. The belt drives might use a motor similar to the lidar. I never examined the Botvac motor.

The Vorwerk VR200 has the side brush in the front corner, maybe better. F_Robot thought they then miss furniture legs. They would seem to be better in corners.

An important point of adding a motor is that PWM rpm control is not available, and the motor can burn out if stalled from high current load if not protected, besides stopping the robot. So the polyfuse was used for this case. A motor control board could be made, but more work and expense. Motors sort of short out when stalled, with the coils engaged continuously instead of pulsed by the commutator. A brush looks like something which can be stalled by obstacles. There have been failures of Botvac brushes. The magnetic coupling can allow the brush to be separated in some severe incidents for safety, but then sometimes fall off to easily.

Note the motor drive current, which can be tapped on the vacuum fan line, comes on when the Test Mode is enabled over USB, for testing. Motors turn only under RPM control. When cleaning, the side brush goes on and off with the fan and other motors, as the robot switches on.

By tapping the Wall Sensor output the side brush can be turned on only when against a wall. I saw such control mentioned in some newer cheap robot specs, maybe the Xiaomi. The Botvac and Vorwerk run the side brush constantly.

The XV's are so old, it may be more attractive just to get a Botvac.

I do not like the side brushes myself, finding they wear out and even break against sharp edges of furniture, pull wires out from the wall, and do not clean carpets.
One Samsung model 9051 has the best side brushes, with bristles pointing down at the floor. Most Powerbots have no side brushes, more to my taste.
glnc222
Niveau 7
Niveau 7

Messagepar glnc222 » Ven 1 Sep 2017 22:29

Note another alternative for the XV is a static side brush some users have added.
http://www.robotreviews.com/chat/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=16035&p=138286&hilit=static+side#p138286
There are several ways to attach one.
glnc222
Niveau 7
Niveau 7

Messagepar Jean-benoit » Sam 2 Sep 2017 16:13

Merci glnc222 pour toutes ces infos.

La mécanique des brosses latérales pour les VR100 est vendue en Allemagne pour 60€.
Moteur brosse latérale VR100.JPG
Moteur brosse latérale VR100.JPG (22.58 Kio) Vu 3815 fois

Il y a peut-être des solutions moins couteuses ( imprimantes 3D) pour faire le support...
Le moteur semble être identique à celui du laser (exemple RF-500TB-12560)
A suivre ....
Jean-benoit
Niveau 7
Niveau 7

Messagepar glnc222 » Dim 3 Sep 2017 21:36

You may find that the internal structure of the VR100 is a little different on the side to make room for that motor assembly.

The lidar motor is also operated with PWM control, so how you would add it to the Neato without the needed circuitry is not clear.
On Rev64 Binky system boards, the SetConfig command over USB might be able to enable components on the board for connecting the VR100 brush motor, but the connection is not known (there was an unused plug on older boards, not sure about this one; they cleaned up left overs). It is possible Vorwerk populates empty spots on the Neato boards with extra components for the side brush, including a plug, unknown.
A motor drive circuit could be made with a 555 oscillator component. Correct voltage is also needed.

The price of that Vorwerk assembly from spare parts is high for use on a very old XV bot -- which might wear out any time.

If you get this to work I will add it to the old robotreviews thread; thanks for the Vorwerk pic.
glnc222
Niveau 7
Niveau 7

Retourner vers Neato Robotics / Vorwerk

• Articles en relation
    Réponses
    Vus
    Dernier message