Switch to full style
XV-15, XV-14, XV-25, Signature, Botvac, Kobold VR100, VR200 ...
Répondre

Re: Faire ses pack batteries Li ion

Sam 26 Déc 2020 17:12

Bonsoir,
L'erreur 0002 est une perte de connexion batteries.
Avez-vous la possibilité de le tester sur une autre base de chargement ? car la base peut-être la cause. Si défaut toujours présent alors, assurez vous qu'il n'y a aucun problème de soudures au niveau de vos packs, cellules Li ion OK, sonde de T°..verifiez également les connecteurs au niveau du robot, bouton On/Off dans le bac à poussières....
Si tout est OK, il faudra peut-être envisager le remplacement de la diode D14.

Dim 27 Déc 2020 01:44

The lithium batteries can be tested for full charge out of the robot with a multimeter. The maximum voltage on each pack is 8.4v when fully charged. The voltage falls along a discharge curve as the charge is used up.
The system board contains a built-in voltmeter used to detect the battery. Defects in this sensor can prevent detecting the battery. If not detected of course, it will not charge at all.
Batteries with under-over voltage protection circuits can enter a cut-off state if the protection is tripped. This is why lithium batteries cannot simply replace NiMh batteries, and cause a cutoff and battery error. Either an adapter simulating NiMh temperature behavior or SetConfig must be used.
Failure of BatteryType 3 to be configured with SetConfig can cause over-voltage in NiMh charging mode. Oldest system boards Rev113 Cruz do not respond to SetConfig, only newer Rev64 Binky (without the side charging jack). Type set should be tested with NiMh batteries to observe the maximum voltage is not exceeded.

Sam 2 Jan 2021 11:06

Merci à tous, cela fonctionnais parfaitement au début mais plus maintenant ! Je supose que les Li-on n'aiment pas la décharge complète, j'ai un problème depuis ce temps là !

J'ai racheté des Ni-mh tant pis, je voulais savoir comment remettre les paramétrages pour les Minh ?

Merci

Sam 2 Jan 2021 21:45

Bonsoir,
Normalement si des PCB de protections ont été placés dans les packs, les Li ion ne peuvent pas tomber en décharge profondes ....
Pour remettre le robot en configuration de charge Nimh, il faut utiliser Neato Control comme vous l'aviez fait pour le passer en charge Li ion.
En fonction des packs que vous avez acheté la commande est:
setconfig BatteryType 2 = Nimh 10 cellules
setconfig BatteryType 1 = Nimh 12 cellules

Lun 4 Jan 2021 09:13

Merci beaucoup pour votre réponse.

J'ai bien mis un PCB, un pack affiche un voltage de 8,4V (charge complète), l'autre 7,2V...

Merci je vais déjà voir si cela marche avec des NiMh

Mar 19 Jan 2021 13:09

Bon finalement j'ai la même erreur. Ca me rassure cela signifie que mes batteries étaient correct. Il y a un autre soucis, soit la base qui est HS (j'ai des doutes), soit ce que je pense une mauvaise connexion sur les connecteurs des batteries, sinon changement du D14...

Je ferais ça en février, ça serait dommage de jeter un aspirateur aussi bien !

Mar 19 Jan 2021 20:08

Check the battery voltage reported over USB with the Neato Control or Neato Toolio program. This can reveal whether the over-under voltage protection circuit has disconnected the battery. 0002 error indicates loss of battery connection. It is also possible for the internal volt meter components to wear out or be defective on the system board. Age of the robot, frequency of use, age of the battery can be a factor. The battery connections can also be at fault. The Molex cable connectors size .062 can get loose. The switch for connecting/disconnecting the battery can become worn. Trace the battery voltage back through the cable and switch. Test the switch for continuity.
If still available test the robot with the original batterytype setting and NiMh battery.
There are many possible points of failure. Intermittent failures are difficult to isolate.

Mar 19 Jan 2021 21:16

Thank you very much for your answer. I hope I didn't burn out anything, because everything was working well before the realization of these lithium batteries :(
I'll keep you informed

--

Merci beaucoup pour ta réponse. J'espère que je n'ai rien grillé, car tout fonctionner bien avant la réalisation de ces batteries lithium :(
Je vous tiens au courant

Lun 15 Nov 2021 07:07

Hello, sorry for writing in english, but I followed the entire discussion about the lithium batteries. I have a neato D80 on which I managed to make myself a lithium pack. Still I got a big problem due to the fact it is not able to start every time I start it, it shows low battery. I tried to connect with neato control, but I cannot change from nimh batteries to liion. The software version is 1.2.1 and i will also put the info i get fom version.

GetVersion
Component,Major,Minor,Build,Aux
BaseID,0.0,0.0,0,0,
BatteryType,1,NIMH_10CELL,
BlowerType,1,BLOWER_ORIG,
Bootloader Version,22009,,
BrushMotorType,1,BRUSH_MOTOR_ORIG,
BrushSpeed,1200,,
ChassisRev,1,,
DropSensorType,1,DROP_SENSOR_ORIG,
LCD Panel,137,240,124,
LDS CPU,F2802x/c001,,
LDS Serial,OPS35515AA-0034181,,
LDS Software,V2.6.15295,0000000000,
Locale,1,LOCALE_USA,
MagSensorType,1,MAG_SENSOR_ORIG,
MainBoard Serial Number,OPS35415,ec1127e5ca68,
MainBoard Version,0,,
Model,BotVacBasic,905-0285,
QAState,QA_STATE_APPROVED
Serial Number,OPS35515,ec1127e5ca68,P
SideBrushPower,1500,,
SideBrushType,2,SIDE_BRUSH_VORWERK_REV1,
Software,1,2,1
UI Board Hardware,0,0,
UI Board Software,1,3,
VacuumPwr,65,,
WallSensorType,1,WALL_SENSOR_ORIG,
WheelPodType,1,WHEEL_POD_ORIG,

Mar 16 Nov 2021 21:52

My impression is the Botvac firmware does not incorporate response to the USB SetConfig command used to change battery charging type on XV models -- it can easily be tested over USB. Botvac settings appear to be included within the firmware code for particular models instead of set by USB command. The XV was unique in that Vorwerk and Neato had different models using the same system board.

A DIY lithium battery was made for Botvac using the older balancer board method heating the thermistor by contact with balancing current through the board. This was the original German method for XV, but the components used became discontinued. It is also necessary to find a balancing board which carries sufficient current, and they get improved to be more efficient so less useful here. The Botvac project is on English forum robotreviews.com at
http://www.robotreviews.com/chat/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19149
I recall discussing alternate balancers. Balancers are used in packs to maintain equal charging of cells in a pack when charging, compensating for different rates of wear on the cells over long periods, aging.
Note this is a LiFePo4 battery with much longer life than regular lithium ion, and depends on particular cells with unusually high capacity for this type -- they usually have too low capacity for the robots (I tried them in XV, another thread).
The cells might be more expensive than regular lithium ion, not sure. They are used in electric bikes and things with room to put enough capacity. The lower cell voltage of LiFePo4 cells compared to Lion allows a better fit to the 12v Botvac system compared to the 15v XV (how to divide it into fewer cells with higher voltage than NiMh cells).
Heating the balancer simulates heating of NiMh which controls the charger in NiMh mode.
I preferred a circuit to synthesize the thermistor signal without physical heating, the way commercial Lion replacements for NiMh work. Such circuits are simple and can be made by hobbyists. They have to be calibrated to the particular maximum voltage at full charge for the particular chemistry type (LiFePo4 lower than Lion).
Such circuits are shown in my thread on LiFePo4 for XV on robotreviews.com at http://www.robotreviews.com/chat/viewtopic.php?p=124772#p124772
A voltage comparator is setup to activate a transistor at the maximum voltage, with the transistor bypassing the thermistor in parallel to lower resistance same as higher temperature. Various such circuits are possible.
You need to test this out before using on the new battery, with an old NiMh battery, to see over USB it terminates correctly -- NiMh charging will normally go much higher than the maximum lithium voltage, to push charge into that chemistry. On a lithium battery this would trip the over-voltage protection board.

The newest Botvac's with WiFi D3 etc. come with a lithium battery. Original Botvac Connected I think still had an NiMh battery.

Sam 25 Nov 2023 09:37

Bonjour,
Je profite de mon passage pour remercier Jean-Benoit pour son excellente idée. Les packs de batteries
que j'ai utilisés ont tournés pendant 6 ans quand même sans problèmes ( des Samsung ce que j'avais trouvés de
disponible à l'époque).
Mais il y a quelques mois, j'ai retrouvé régulièrement le robot éteint au milieu de la pièces sans aucun message
d'erreur et pour cause je ne pouvais plus le rallumer. Par contre après la mise en charge, il repartait correctement.
J'ai fini par l'observer attentivement et effectivement il ne cherchait même plus à se recharger, brusquement il
s'éteignait.
Je l'ai connecté au terminal après une charge, la tension me semblait bonne. Puis j'ai vérifié les packs de batteries
et là grosse surprise : une des batterie d'un BMS était à 4,1 v mais son homologue était à 0,61v !
Je n'ai même pas osé la dessoudé, j'ai coupé les fils et m'en suis débarrassé au plus vite. J'ai refait un nouveau pack
de 4 batteries pour vérifier que tout était fonctionnel. Comme c'est le cas je vais probablement refaire le deuxième.
Voilà je voulais vous faire part de ma petite mésaventure sans conséquence, mais dorénavant tous les 3 mois je vais
vérifier les batteries individuellement par sécurité.

@+
Répondre